RESTRICT-L is a synthetic broad spectrum third generation fluoroquinolone.Antibacterial spectrum of RESTRICT- L is excellent and is sensitive to almost all Gram -ve, Gram +ve and Mycoplasma spp. in Poultry.
Each gram of RESTRICT-L contains :
Levofloxacin 100 mg
Mechanism of action:
The mechanism of action of RESTRICT- L involves inhibition of bacterial topoisomerase IV and DNA gyrase (both are type II topoisomerases), enzymes required for DNA replication, transcription, repair and recombination in bacteria.
• RESTRICT-L clinically effective against wide range of gram positive & gram negative organisms &
• Gram positive organisms – Enterococcus spp., Staphylococcus spp., Streptococcus spp.,
Clostridium spp. , Bacillus anthrasis., etc.
• Gram negative organisms -E.coli, Salmonella spp., Haemophillus spp., Pasteurella spp
Compylobacter spp., Proteus spp., Pseudomonas spp., Bordetelle spp., Klebsiella spp., Enterobacter spp., etc.
• Mycoplasma spp – Mycoplasma gallisepticum , M.synoviae , M.meleagridis, etc
Feeding Direction :
10 mg Levofloxacin/kg body weight for 3 – 5
days. or RESTRICT-L @ 1g/10 kg body weight
for 3 – 5 days.
Or as directed by Veterinarian.
Directions for preparing RESTRICT-L medicated
Transfer required quantity of RESTRICT -L in the
bucket. Add approximately 2 litres of drinking
water. Stir thoroughly until dissolution. Add this
concentrated solution in the drinking water .
Prepare fresh solution every time prior to use
for desired results.
For Prevention :
• Dose as directed by Veterinarian.
200 g & 500 g